Walker Singleton is looking for a Senior Surveyor or Associate to join our expanding property management team.
The role involves working closely with our directors within property management and all relevant clients and internal departments.
Identifying opportunities for new business is also a key part of the role and you will provide the full range of property management services on all commercial property types including (but not limited to) industrial, offices, retail and leisure.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Assist with management of the facilities management team.
– Manage a diverse portfolio of properties including liaising with credit controller, bailiffs and solicitors when appropriate, reporting to clients, liaising with, and managing the internal Facilities
– Management team and helping them assess whose responsibility repairs etc are under leases
– Setting service charge budgets, overseeing service charge expenditures and year end reconciliations
– Inspecting properties and common parts to check on tenant compliance with leases and identify repairs issues in common parts
– Identifying and completing asset management opportunities to improve client’s investment values
– Assist in budgeting and monitoring expenses, with a strong focus on helping the business attain set financial goals within timescales agreed as part of the business development planning process
– Assisting in developing and implementing plans and goals for the commercial property department and the business as a whole.
– Assist in the procurement of services and contractors for our clients
– Assist with processing insurance claims and recharges
– Focus on identifying and converting new business opportunities across all areas and specialisms within the business along with constantly striving to increase positive brand awareness
– Undertake employment responsibilities, including working alongside the Partners and HR/Business Manager, contributing to employee performance management and development, including mentoring and appraising employees
– Write detailed property reports for purposes such as rent reviews/lease renewals, investment potential, valuations
– Manage the large property portfolios for your clients and advise them on the purchase and sale of individual investments
– Processing and assessing tenants’ applications to assign, change user, alterations etc.
– Take accurate measurements of premises in accordance with RICS Code of Measuring Practice
– Liaising with clients’ solicitors on rent arrears assignments to improve client’s investment values
– Assessing dilapidation liabilities, serving claims on tenants, and negotiating settlement.
– Arranging the service of Section 25 notices on tenants and negotiating new leases terms
– Dealing with rent review within the portfolios
To be considered for this position, you need a minimum of five years’ post qualification experience within commercial property management and it is preferred that you are MRICS/FRICS qualified.
To download the full job description for this role, please click here.
If you think you have the skills and experience to join our dynamic team, please send your CV to Alison.Clegg@walkersingleton.co.uk.